The museum takes place in the chapel of the castle of Falaise and some other rooms. In this chapel, a stone altarpiece carved represents the wedding of Marie and Saint Joseph blessed by the priest in the presence of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne, father and mother of the Holy Virgin.
Upstairs, a permanent exhibition présents the history of Acadie from the beginning to these days.
The family de Gannes, native from Falaise whose two sons went to Acadie in the king’s troopsin the 17ème century.
Also to visit, agricultural material, old tools, women hairdresses. The castle of Falaise was in first line for the last battle of june 1940. An exhibition shows the memories of this battle and also during resistance and occupation.
The museum is managed by the association Falaise Acadie Québec.