In 1392, the name was Hommes-Saint-Martin or Ormes-Saint-Martin. At this time, there was a manor house, perhaps a castle.
From 1434 to 1604, this residence was the property of the Marans family.
In 1642, Antoine Martin Pussort, Counsellor of King Louis XIV and uncle to Colbert, bought the manor. Les Ormes became a Barony, a church was built and a parish created in 1656. After his death in 1662, Pussort’s brother, Henri succeeded him. He died in 1697. They built the castle and developed les Ormes.
In 1729, Marc Pierre d’Argenson bought the domain. He was the offspring of a family having served the monarchy a long time ago. He was Secretary of War to King Louis XV.
In 1744, Count d’Argenson became Superintendant of the Post; he opened a relay in Les Ormes and the road from Paris to Bordeaux passed through the village.
His son, Marc René succeeded him in 1764. Illustrious personages came to visit the d’Argenson : Voltaire, Diderot, d’Alembert, Nattier,…
In 1782, when Marc René died the property extended from the Vienne to the Creuse including the road to Bordeaux. The castle and the park were enlarged.
On the other side of the road, an 80 meters long building was called the Sheepfold. In 1760, it closed the great courtyard of the castle.
In 1818, the larger parish of Poizay-le-joli, joined that of Les Ormes.
In the 19th and 20th centuries, this territory is transformed by the construction of a bridge, the railway and new roads.
In 1896, a new church replaced the old one threatening ruin.
During the second World War, some of battles in late June, 1940 were around the banks of the Creuse.